New site + New Team
Due to continued expansion, we are now seeking highly experienced Truck and Trailer Mechanics / Technicians to join a very busy small service team. This role will suit a dedicated individual who is looking to expand on their skill set. You will be based at the TR Group workshop in Laverton which is managed by CMV Truck and Bus.
Like variety in your role, you will
- Conduct general servicing of heavy vehicle trucks & trailers to appropriate standards
- Maintain and repair heavy vehicle truck & trailers on a variety of makes and models
- VicRoads roadworthy inspections
- Vehicle diagnosis, mechanical and hydraulics works along with auto electrical and fabrication work
- Completion of service sheets and other job-related documents
- An abundance of overtime including weekend work
If you have
- A qualification in trailer mechanics and or min Cert 3 Mechanical trade certificate/qualification
- Experience in trailer servicing and refurbishing in an Heavy Vehicle industry with an ability to determine faults for repair
- A current HC/HR licence / Heavy combination licence beneficial but not essential
- Demonstrated welding and fabrication experience
- General fitting and mechanical work experience on trailers
- An ability to read drawings and fabricate to specifications and work autonomously / in a team
- Your own tools
- Excellent attention to detail and customer focus
If this is you then we want to hear from you, you don’t want to miss this exciting opportunity, APPLY now.
In return we offer
- Above award wages + tool allowance + laundered uniform + overalls + all PPE + overtime
- Free insurance on your tools of the trade
- Free mid-year dinner dance for you and a plus-one + Free Christmas Hamper and family event with free gifts for children U12
- Corporate discounts on health and life insurance programs
- Opportunity to work with industry leading brands
- Ongoing training and development opportunities provided
- The opportunity to build a successful career by being part of the CMV Group of companies
If you have the skills and experience necessary and want to become an important part of our successful team then please click "Apply" to submit your cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Who are CMV?
CMV Truck and Bus is a subsidiary of the CMV family owned group of companies and are proud to be a privately owned Australian based company, with over 86 years of operation and experience.
We have 1600 staff nationally and continue to grow, promoting from within and working with some of the best in the business.
Our success is highly driven by our core values; Safety First, Can Do, Ask The Question, Do the Right Thing and Mutual Respect.We apply these in equal measures to not only our employees but also our customers and the community.
CMV Truck & Bus are the Victorian dealer for Volvo Group Australia (Mack, Volvo and UD Trucks) and have over 400 employees.We sell trucks and buses and provide service and parts for our complete range as the authorized dealer network.